[Mgs] TF replica FS on ebay

The Roxter rocknatural at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 15:27:11 MST 2011

On 2/10/2011 3:27 PM, Murray Arundell wrote:
> I'm somewhat confused with all this replica thing...... how on earth
> can a replica TF have any providence at all?  Its a copy, a fake
> made mostly from used components from other MGs.  Yes some are
> better than others and the Victor appears to be better than most but
> as an MG?  No way.......
Well, I'm no expert, but I have owned a TC, two MGA's and this Victor. It's all MG, as far as I'm concerned. It's quirky and unreliable; it has Lucas electrics and it can't be trusted. It's also lots of fun and a certified chick magnet.

I was told that the decision to recognize it as an MG was based on the fact that it has no parts from other cars at all. No Ford, No VW stuff at all. It has a fiberglass TF body and a steel frame, to fit the body and MG components. I was told that the door was propped open for this by the recognition of the Bonneville fiberglass MGA that was built for speed runs in the 50's.

I have inquired about entering various club events and every single time was told that the Victor is an MG and that I could enter.

-Rocky Frisco