[Mgs] TF replica FS on ebay

Geoff geoff at 1956mga.com
Thu Feb 10 14:59:49 MST 2011

The thing I don't understand about replica's is when they cost nearly
as much as buying the real thing.  I mean, when this was new, what did
a reasonably driver go for?   I've seen some really nice replica's of
cars like the Porsche 550 and the original GT40's, and those I can
actually understand, I mean, I'll NEVER be able to afford a real one,
and the replica's can be very nicely put together.  But for a car that
remains relatively affordable...I don't get it.

I disagree with the premise that a replica can't have provenience.  It
won't be of the same luster as an original, but if I were shopping for
a 550 replica, I'd certainly place a Beck replica higher on the list
than another.   That's certainly some type of provenience.  I just
wish "kit cars" didn't have the stigma they do.  I saw a Factory Five
Shelby Coupe and FF GTM recently at an event.  Those were impressively
built and engineered cars.  I think they've had as much attention, or
more, paid to them than our Mg's did when new...

All of that said, I'll bet an MGB based, chevy powered TF replica
would be a wild ride.

Geoff
http://1956mga.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320652402246&vi