[Mgs] Brake bleeding question

davewillner dwillner at ptd.net
Sun Aug 28 06:40:48 MDT 2011

I replaced the long steel pipe to the rear hose Saturday and then bled the two
rear wheels. I did disconnect the wires and loosened the nylon nut 3.5 turns
on the PDWA. The pedal was firm after the rears were done so I did test drive,
and when applying real hard pressure the brake warning light came on, not
normal braking though, just extreme... Now Haynes says when bleeding with PDWA
start in the front closest to the master cylinder then work away, I've never
followed that, have always worked my way forward... So do I need to rebleed
from the front to rear with the nylon nut on the PDWA unscrewed? Or it also
states it can be "centralized" by bleeding the other circuit, in my case the
front. When an assistant applies the brakes, the valve should "center" and at
that point the light should go out and the bleeder screw tightened? But my
light isn't always on, so not sure what that means?  Appreciate any advice,
been there, done that...thanks

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A