[Mgs] Question about Thermostats

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 09:59:41 MDT 2011

Some have a small hole, some have a jiggle valve in the hole, others just
have a small nick in the seal between the moving and fixed parts, see
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/thermostat.htm#4.  Less to do with bypass than
air-lock bleeding, the bypass port is in the head below the thermostat, so
the pump can circulate coolant through the block and head to prevent
hot-spots while the system is warming up.