[Mgs] MGB LE Tires

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 13 02:20:26 MDT 2011

Michelin X did have a reputation for never wearing out, or cracking (like
old hoses compared to new) but they do lose their surface malleability and
hence grip (BT, DT).  But then there can be as much variation in brand new
tyres, I had a pair of new US-made Generals on the back of my V8 for a while
but they were undriveable in the wet, losing the back end on roads and at
speeds I had no trouble with on the old tyres.

Incidentally, in the 60s there was a Michelin ad campaign with a window
sticker saying "I've learnt the supple secrets of X".  It didn't take long
for some of us to cut the 'se' out of another sticker and place it before
the 'X'...