[Mgs] MGB LE Tires

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 12 17:30:11 MDT 2011

Impossible question  ;-)

In brief...

In 185/70-14, you have a pretty broad choice of contemporary passenger car
tires (not hi-performance, necessarily). But I think these are too wide to
use with wire wheels and inner tubes. That puts you back to 175/70-14 --
even less choice. But Sumitomo makes a hi-performance summer tire in these
sizes (HTR 200).

For the original sizes 155R14 and 165R14, you are limited to expensive
vintage replicas and Vredesteins, if you can find them.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149