[Mgs] RBB Headlight Switch Query

frankk12 at verizon.net frankk12 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 6 13:16:09 MDT 2011

A friend on the west coast asked me for one of my spare headlight switches for
his 1978 B. I found a couple of spares in my parts box with the tag ,75-80
MGB, and told him so.  After checking various catalogues and Ebay I find that
there might be two kinds of switches. The ones I have both have a pigtail of
about 12 inches with a three prong connector at the end and connect to the
rear of the switch via three push on round electrical fittings. In looking at
the Moss catalog and on Ebay I see switches with no pigtail that evidently
push directly on. These are also identified as for the 75-80 MGB.
Does anyone have knowledge as to which is correct or will either one work?
Frank Krajewski