[Mgs] Battery question

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Fri Apr 15 10:19:36 MDT 2011

No, not the usual question.

The battery has gone dead in my land Rover Discovery (happens maybe once a
month). The cause is likely a computer fault related to converting from air
bag shocks to coil springs but I digress. I was going to get a spare battery
and I normally get Sears Diehards. They say all they have is the $200 DieHard
platinum which is apparently a gell cell Optima type. Are these batteries
worth paying more than double over the old style lead acid batteries? They
have more CCA but then previous batteries in my LR have never had cold weather
problems, except for the sporadic times when the battery goes dead and usually
fast - yesterday, it was deader than a door knob in less than 10 hours.

24

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT