[Mgs] Frank Clarici

Larry Macy lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Tue Apr 12 16:05:51 MDT 2011

I have not been active on this list for a while. Too many things in my life.
But I think it is important to notify the members of the MG list that a huge
supporter of Little British Cars has passed away.  I do not know how many of
you knew Frank, but he was huge in the Spridget world. He always had a helping
hand and together with me and a few other Spridgeteers created the OSHIT
group. OSHIT which stands for Organization of Spridget Handymen In Transit, is
a great example of Franks ability to inspire though his love of LBCs. We would
hear about someone that needed some help on their car and we would travel
around the NE US one weekends on our own dime to help that person get their
car running.  All we asked was food, beer and a place to throw a sleeping bag
if we went overnight, and we often did. Frank headed up this merry band of
trouble shooters and was always ready with a part or some advice on how to get
our Spridgets running. He usually asked nothing in return, or sometimes asked
that his favor be passed forward.

He passed away yesterday of a heart attack doing something he loved. He had
recently begun restoring old bicycles.he had a 1928 Elgin and 1930 something
Schwinn.q he haas amassed about 6 he had in his garage. Being a carpenter (and
more) by trade he was building a shed to house those new found treasures.

His loss is a great loss to all who knew him and the the whole of the world of
LBCs.

Sadly,
Larry

--

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.

One of these days, you'll look back on all this, and plow into a parked car.