[Mgs] The BCCI web site

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Sat Sep 25 14:06:42 MDT 2010

I think some of you know about the British Car Cottage Industries web
site.  I started it because I found there were many really good
"amateur" artisans out there that made bits for Brit cars, or
provided services, but could not afford to advertise because of their
low volume,  Also there are many who do stuff just as a hobby.  So
www.britcot.com was born.
Now I wonder if you would help me in saying whether or not you think
the addition of a "treasure trove" page is a good idea?  I recently
found a chap in the Netherlands with a ton of stuff - old radios, old
clocks (magnificent!), Lucas and other stuff.  He wanted to sell some
of it but did not have the means to do that.  So I wonder if I should
add a page which lists these people, what they have in general terms,
and their email address.   Thus a viewer could email and ask "Do you
have a Back Seat Mouth Stopper for my 1832 V8 1hp Royal
Stallion".  This would not include the usual purveyors of which there
are many, and excellent, but would just bring those cobwebbed mounds
into the open.  It would NOT be just for casual sales and thus
entries would be vetted for rubbish entries.

Regards,

Barrie Robinson
barrie at look.ca
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8  in great nick
Aston Martin 1955 DB 2/4 MkII under restoration
http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson.htm
www.britcot.com