[Mgs] Overdrive does not work when it is hot.

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 08:34:05 MDT 2010

Bear in mind that the OD used in the MGB, isn't strong enough to take full
power in the lower gears, but OD second (like on some Triumphs) would indeed
be beneficial as it is a long stretch to 3rd when on a hill.  It's also why
the V8 was modified to 4th gear only (the North American restriction to 4th
only was for completely different reasons).  Bear in mind also that any
failure of the reverse light switch, relay or wiring around them, including
blowing of the green circuit fuse, will prevent reverse selection from
disabling the OD.