[Mgs] Brake calipers

Michael Singleton mike at sportscarslimited.net
Mon Oct 25 10:04:47 MDT 2010

If one cleans & inspects the threaded area of the caliper bolts carefully,
you will note a small drilled out area, perpendicular to the bolt length
that has a piece of nylon inserted into it. That is the thread locking bit.
It is the bolt equivalent of a nylock nut. That bit gets used up upon its
first use. The nylon bit is not replaceable. Re use is therefore up to the
wisdom/bravery of the rebuilder. Loctite only claims to be good up to
something like 300 degrees F. Check out the package disclaimers. Brake
calipers may get very hot, depending on usage factors. Many have had good
luck in re-using the old parts, but do not claim not to have been
forewarned.

It is possible that someone like Earl's Supply or other high performance
fastener supplier would have the equivalent parts available.

Best of luck,

Mike

Michael Singleton
Sportscars Ltd