[Mgs] Brake calipers

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 23 02:48:57 MDT 2010

I doubt it's that either.  Elsewhere on MGBs of this era one is told to
clean old threadlock off removed bolts immediately or put them in a bath of
3M Solvent No. 2, trichloroethylene, petrol or paraffin before cleaning
otherwise the old sealant will air-harden which will affect torqueing up and
also subsequent removal when reusing the bolts.  It's difficult to escape
the conclusion from this, the statement that very specific bolts must be
used, the very tight tolerance for torqueing of 35.5 to 37 ft lb, and no
mention of thread sealant, that the bolts are indeed one-use.  Reuse at your
own risk.