[Mgs] FW: HIF Floats

Vance Navarrette v.navarrette at comcast.net
Mon Nov 29 12:19:20 MST 2010

	Kim:

	I have not collected enough mileage on my HIFs to offer any
comments on float life one way or the other.

	I would ask a couple of questions, however:

	1. Are you using any sort of fuel additive? This might impact
float life.
	2. What sort of fuel do you use locally? Lots of added ethanol?
Once again, this *might* impact the life of any polymer like a plastic
float. I don't know this for a fact, I am merely looking for possible
explanations.
	3. Are these Burlen Fuel system floats, or aftermarket
reproductions? If these are coming out of china for example, I would not
trust them.

	Overall, my experience with aftermarket parts has been uniformly
bad. e.g. Gross Jet float valves are VERY problematic - sticking issues
abound. I went back to the more expensive Burlen manufactured needle
valves after several major issues. Other issues are swelling of o-rings,
missing parts from rebuild kits, etc. I know they are more expensive,
but I have sworn off the "economy" carburetor parts forever. Lesson
learned. Sigh.

	Vance