[Mgs] MGB Limo (Was Re: Worst MGB ever?)

Kim Tonry kgrowler at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 07:06:03 MST 2010

Dino Perez' MGB limo does indeed have a full top. It's basically a standard
MGB top with the top panel extended and supported by two sets of stowaway
top bows. There are two vinyl snap in sections that fit between the door
windows on each side. The doors have standard door windows with electric
lift motors fitted. The only wedding I know of that the car was used in was
when my wife and I got married in October 1993, although I I have to
re-check that fact. It may also have been employed in Jon Josefek's (who
built the car with Dino) wedding a few years ago. The top had just been
completed when we got married, but he had taken the door window cranks off
the doors and had not installed the window motors yet so the ride in the
evening was a little brisk with the top erected, but the sides open. The
last I knew, the engine was still a bone stock 18V. I still laugh at the
memory of Dino running the limo in a Chicagoland MG Club autocross. It was
quite a sight to see. It's a very cool car done to a very high standard.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, U.S.A.