[Mgs] Hemmings Editor's Reply

Mike Eldred redscirocco at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 3 10:08:14 MST 2010

A gracious reply.  I know we miss something in every edition, even though we
proof every article, press release, letter, and advertisement at least three
times.  Part of it is just human error, part of it is the rush and pressure of
putting something out on deadline.
I used to put jokes in the text to make the proof reader laugh - absurd
misspellings and multiple grammar gaffes.  Well, one time something slipped
through.  Last time I did that. One of my favorite newspaper gaffes, and I
still have it around the office somewhere, is the editorial headline that went
out in another paper:  "Need Headline"  I'm sure someone caught hell for
that.

-Mike Eldred