[Mgs] Info on two items in the latest issues.

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 08:04:25 MST 2010

I checked this with the folks on the MG and Healey lists.

1. On page 43 your author wonders what the red and black jacks are for. They
are power take-offs much like the way we use cigarette lighter sockets in
modern cars. They were on numerous cars back them, and folks on the list
confirmed that "trouble" lights had plugs to fit. One person wrote  "My Dad
used them for a little parking light that clipped onto the top of the
wind-down window, with a white lens to the front and a red to the rear."

The second item is a bit confusing. On page 88 You identify the car used in
the move* To Catch A Thief* as a Sunbeam Alpine. The PBS program "History
Detectives", had a letter from an owner of a Sunbeam Talbot asked if it was
the car in *To Catch a Thief*. . The Detectives traced down the VIN in the
movie production records  and it was not the gentleman's car. There was no
mention of confusion in the car's name.. Here is a link furnished by Marin
James that explains that confusion.  http://wmspear.com/bill/STA//.

I started my query to to the lists by saying I love your magazine, but
unfortunately this isn't the first time I questioned something in the
magazine. I may be more vocal in the future.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Jack Feldman
1972 MGBGT
1969 MGC