[Mgs] Installing a Crane XR 700 electronic ignition - tips?

Mark Wise markwisenc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 07:39:41 MST 2010

Hi all...

I have a 1980 MGB that I will be attempting to get back on the road
after a rather long hiatus (more on that later).  One step in this
process will be to install a Crane XR700 ignition system.  For those of
you who have attempted this, any advice, tips, or warnings?  :-)

The installation instructions suggest that I also replace the coil,
rotor and cap, spark plug wires, and spark plugs.  Any advice on the
make for these (specifically the coil)?

Thanks!

--

Mark Wise