[Mgs] Steering Wheel

Douglas McKinnie d.mckinnie at usa.net
Wed Mar 3 21:33:49 MST 2010

Silly question really, but my wife worries about my driving so much in a car
without much modern safety equipment:

Would the steering wheel here:
http://www.sciplus.com/index.cfm/go/front.tagged/tag/Steering

...fit my 70 MGB? It looks like it is intended for an TX4/TX11 London taxi by
LTI

The Breed SRS-40 airbag has (if my google-fu is working correctly) an
integral
inertial trigger, and engineers chose from 5 triggers depending upon the
weight of the car. So one for an TX11 would be pretty incorrect for an
MGB-GT...

Lets see, a collision would have less inertial effect on the more massive car
(1,815 Kg for the taxi) so the same trigger on an MGB would effectively be
calibrated for a lower impact speed?