[Mgs] so this is what happens when we take our cars in for service?

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 06:03:41 MDT 2010

Yeah you kind of did.  It is a spin off of the top down cap thread.  A
comment was made about a stocking cap not coming off your head I posted:
>>FTR a woolen stocking cap will come off of your head at about 125 MPH in a
1969 XKE convertible.
I managed to catch it right as it parted company with my head.
Rick
PS ask me what I told the cop that stopped me on that test drive

I got asked so I replied:
This was 1971  I had just finished a turn up on a 1969 XKE 4.2 E-type.  blue
in color.
I took the highway (99) out of town headed south.  top down and I booted
it.  Hard.
Back then this was a divided highway not a freeway so there were left turn
lanes to turn onto side roads.
Faster and faster I go.  115, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, (somewhere about here
my watch cap decides to go bye, bye) 125  and I pass a turn out where there
is a California Highway Patrol car waiting to turn left.
Shit.
Off the gas.  On the e-brake.  Down shift to 3rd ASAP.
cop catches up with me at about the time I get down to 85.  Pulls me over
"Why were you going so fast?"
"Sir, the customer complained of a high speed miss on this car."
"Did you have to go so damn fast?"
"Well he did say a high speed miss."
"OK, you turn this car around, and go back to work.  If I ever see you
again, you WILL get a ticket."
"Yes sir!"
He never caught me again!
fun times.

I got quoted by our the person starting this thread and you know the rest of
the story.

>>That is FIVE things...
::: shrug:::  I got on a roll
Rick