[Mgs] Ultimate "top down" cap?

Charley Robinson charleyrob at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 12:16:07 MDT 2010

The confusion continues:

here's the dictionary definition of a toque:

a woman's small hat, typically having a narrow, closely turned-up brim.
 historical a small cap or bonnet of such a type worn by a man or woman.
 a tall white hat with a full pouched crown, worn by chefs.
ORIGIN early 16th cent.: from French,
Charley Robinson

On Jun 27, 2010, at 1:37 PM, Barrie Robinson wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> There is confusion here!  A toque is what those three gentlemen were wearing
and in no way are such things furnished with a propeller.  Propellers are
found on beanies not toques.   However, due to our present day inability to
spell or be dictionaryly (ouff!)  correct, the term beanie has been applied to
the toque.   But examine the structure of each piece of head gear and you will
see they are very different.