[Mgs] starter and solenoid

Paul Root ptrmgb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 12:51:43 MDT 2010

My car has been down for better than a month now, stalling issue suddenly
became a won't turn over issue.

Last night I finally got into it. Pulling the wires off the starter and making
sure they were good. The connector on the white/green was suspect so I
replaced it.

On re-assembly, I found that I couldn't get the nut on the battery post of the
solenoid. It was stripped out.

Assuming that the starter is still good, I guess I need to replace the
solenoid. I'm assuming that they can be separated and a new one put on?

I guess I need to bench test the starter before I do that too.

Any words of wisdom on this path?

Paul.