[Mgs] watch your chains

Aaron Whiteman awhitema at panix.com
Wed Jun 2 09:56:02 MDT 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Dan DiBiase wrote:

> Yeah, I can imagine that underwear was tossed out!

Surprisingly, beyond a few choice words, I was ok.  My hands ache this
morning, but that's as much from turning wrenches as the little
contact they got as a lump of cast iron went past.

> Did you do a rebuild or put a 'new' engine in?

Before I got my MG, I drove my dad's 78.  When he got that car in the
late 80s or early 90s, it was approaching rebuild time.  I helped our
neighbor (a mechanic) rebuild it some time around 92, it's had maybe
20K miles since then.

Unfortunately, the '78 MG rusted around the good motor, so for the
past 5-6 years, the motor has beens started and run a bit a few times
a year, but nothing more than that.

This motor is supposed to be my bridge, giving me a good reliable
engine while I rebuild the original to be super-charged over time as
funds allow.

--
Aaron Whiteman
Pullman, Washington