[Mgs] Cooling System Flush

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 08:25:44 MDT 2010

You should be flushing the heater, block *and* radiator, and I wouldn't
expect it to clog anything, wouldn't be much good as a flushing agent if it
did!  You should remove various hoses to enable you to forward and reverse
flush each component, although this is best done with a hose, possibly after
using the flushing agent in the system as a whole, then draining.  If the
flushing agent is used hot then allow the engine to cool before using a hose
and cold water.  If a radiator leak sealer has been used in the past none of
this maybe enough to fully clear the radiator (or heater), you may have to
unsolder the header tank and rod the tubes out.