[Mgs] Ignition Light

atweditor at aol.com atweditor at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 07:22:26 MDT 2010

 Not only the lights, but the wipers, too, for a while, and the radio, with
each being turned off as I neared my destination.

I was driving Savannah-D.C., and somewhere midway on the trip the light began
to glow. Thinking back, I suspect I still had some power coming from the
alternator. When I finally arrived, the battery was so dead I couldn't even
jump start the car and I had to tow it to good old Manhattan Motors, who fixed
it as it was still under warranty in 1969. However, Manhattan, being the swine
they were, also said they did a tune-up (which I had just done in Savannah
before leaving) and wanted to charge me tons for that work. I hit the roof and
they moved the conversation into a back room. There they cut the charge in
half and I, being a callow 21-year-old freshly returned from 'Nam, caved and
paid it, the scum.

Jay