[Mgs] front hub reassembly

gordies garage mg_garage at comcast.net
Sun Jul 25 12:59:11 MDT 2010

IIRC, you can do it without the gauge by a method of adding/removing
shims.  Too few, or too many (not sure which) will cause the wheel to
lock and not spin when the nut is tightened.  Adding/removing shims
until the thinnist shim possible allows the wheel to spin.  Of course,
this requires a good selection of the different size shims and I'm sure
a Moss catalog will give you the sizes available.
I'm sure others are aware of this method and probably have a much better
explaination.

Gordie
'62 MGA
'67 BGT