[Mgs] Filling gearbox on an MGB

Ed Woods fogbro1 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 23 12:21:45 MDT 2010

List,

I've just had the unpleasant experience of filling the o/d gearbox on my '72
MGB with an old Sears oil gun. A good deal of the oil was on me and the
floor. Even less fun when you're trying to do it with the car on jackstands
and ramps. 3 quarts also necessitated 6 trips from under the car for (messy)
refills.

Does anyone have a better method short of buying a lift or taking it to
someone else? A pump of some kind perhaps?

The only good news is that the addition of a non return valve spring has
fixed the overdrive! Guess the guy who sold it to me on Ebay left that small
piece out!

Ed Woods