[Mgs] B GT brings big bucks

don don at napanet.net
Thu Jul 22 22:17:39 MDT 2010

Watching eBay in my search for an early B roadster, I noticed that a
'66 B GT just got sold for $15,100.  This has got to be a record,
and/or an anomaly.  Are prices on the rise?

It would be one thing if the car had the original type engine and O/D
gearbox, but this car was not redone to original spec at all.  Does
this mean that buyers are not that knowledgeable?  Perhaps the red
colour and wire wheels just do the trick, and curb appeal trumps the
details.  And the $60,000 quoted as being spent on the car's
restoration must have impressed some buyers.

They don't call it "resale red"  for nothing.

$15,100

[]

eBay NE Florida

2010-07-15 10:52:47

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320562113872>MG
: MGB MGB GT 1966 MGB GT Red BETTER THAN NEW Over $60k Invested