[Mgs] Battery tie down

riverside riverside at southslope.net
Thu Jul 22 12:31:11 MDT 2010

Battery hold downs are neglected safety items.
I used to work at a collector car dealership and over half of the
"restored" cars we bought were missing the battery hold down.
It was the first item we corrected most of the time.
To avoid terminals shorting to ground due to unforseen events
(accidents, bumps, high G loads) a strong and stable hold
down is essential.  I wonder how many people without good
hold downs are also without fire extinguishers.  Losing a
nice MG to a fire that resulted from negligence is a real shame.

art de armond