[Mgs] Water pump for MGA

James F Juhas james.f.juhas at snet.net
Mon Jul 19 15:17:36 MDT 2010

What is the opinion of the group on whether to use an early MGB water
pump on an MGA engine in a race application?  When running at Monticello
last week, just before my axle broke, I experienced significantly higher
running temperatures than I had ever seen before.  I pegged the gauge.
Since I currently have the opportunity, I am changing the water pump and
thermostat.  So, I want to know if there is any particular advantage in
running the 12 vane early MGB pump as opposed to the 6 vane MGA pump.
The engine is a 1622 with modest upgrades.  I have not previously had
overheating issues.  It was a VERY hot day, and the track is slower than
most that I run (more twisty) and very power-demanding.

Jim
MGA 311

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of james_f_juhas.vcf]