[Mgs] A little video for you from the weekend...

Eric Erickson eric at erickson.on.net
Wed Jul 7 04:52:39 MDT 2010

On 07/07/2010, at 7:31 PM, Paul Hunt wrote:

> Nah, can't fool me, you were sitting in front of a projector screen - speedo
wasn't moving :o)

> Seriously though, your tach was wavering up and down much more than I would
have expected from the sound track and track position.

Yeah - can't fool you guys  :-)

1.  My speedo died during the week but it wasn't something I really worried
about because I really don't look at it on the track - I now have a few weeks
to get around to  finding out what is wrong with it and getting it back in
order.

2.  I am seriously looking at a decent tacho (solid state??) - but it does
actually work alright for me (it isn't such a fine line for gear changes).
The thing is taking a decent bashing and you would bounce around if you were
in that car, too :-)   I know when it is red lining.

This was my first time out with my new brake lines after a disappointing
failure of a brake line last time out - and I was really pushing them to find
the limits (and to set up the balance between front and rear).  I got a decent
wriggle into one corner and it felt great until I looked over my shoulder
through the corner and saw the massive trail of tyre smoke.  I can't believe
how wonderfully she was under control despite such a lockup - and no
noticeable flat spot on the tyres (the benefit of a light car on those
tyres).

It was a great day out and I grabbed three quarters of a second on my previous
personal best time - consistently over most laps that day.

I have just over half a second to find to hit my target time.

Eric