[Mgs] wanted - now DSG 7 speed

Hans Duinhoven h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Sat Jan 30 10:02:21 MST 2010

There's a big difference with manual gears or even traditional automatic
gearbox against DSG boxes.
The DSG box in my VW reengages gears automatically in a split second
whenever either the throttlepedal or brakepedal is depressed.
This automatic reengaging behaviour ensures a safe behaviour on the road,
I'm convinced.

Coasting downhill with a 2-stroke engine can be done in several ways, while
the lubricationof the engine goes on.
I have to do so with my classic 2-stroke Puch mopeds as well.
When going downhill the gearbox remains engaged and the vehicle's speed is
lowered a bit by the engine.
At regular intervals the throttle pedal has to be lowered a bit, in order to
feed gas thrue the engine.
2-Stroke engines have a pretty low braking effect anyway, so most braking in
the mountains with 2-stroke engined vehicles have to be done by the normal
brakes anyway.
I have been riding my 2-stroke engined mopeds through the Eiffel and
Ardennen mountains during several vacations and it all went well.

Cheers,

Hans