[Mgs] weber or not

Mike Eldred redscirocco at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 29 10:01:11 MST 2010

It's enraging, isn't it?  But it sounds like you've got the problem narrowed
down nicely.  Assuming you've already checked to make sure there's spark going
to the two rear plugs, then the problem is likely as you say, in the rear
carb.  They're easy to take apart and go through, and easy to get back
together.  I would suggest finding one of the online video resources rather
than trying to follow any narrative I could supply, although someone else here
might do a better job.  Try the University Motors website - John Twist has a
number of excellent videos posted there that really take the mystery out of
all kinds of maintenance projects.

One last thing:  removing your current carburetor setup, buying, installing
and setting up a new intake manifold and Weber will be several times more work
than just taking care of the problem you have with the SU.

-Mike Eldred

'54 MG TF

'73 Midget