[Mgs] A 4-Door Corvette

aeseeyou at aol.com aeseeyou at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 09:48:45 MST 2010

Fellow Automotive enthusiasts,
I own a 1977 XJ-6L that has been enhanced by my replacing the  original
DOHC six cylinder motor with a 350 Cubic Inch V-8. surprisingly lighter  in
weight than the original engine from Coventry. It has more HP and torque than
the motor that came with the car I used the JTR (Jags That Run) manual to
remove  the old tired DOHC Six and automatic "slush box" with a GMC 350 and
TH350  trans out of  the GMC SUV with H-D tow package. Along with a new 4 row
radiator and a specially built overflow box with fill unit and replaced the
old  3.31:01 rear end with a 2.88:01 with LSD rear end which the increased
torque and lighter weight of the car with new engine allows me to cruise at
 65-70 mph at a comfortable 1850 RPM whereas the 3.31:01 rear end gears
would  probably need close to 3000 RPM to allow me to cruise at 65 mph. Lots
easier on  the gas and overall wear and tear on the drive train.
For MGB owners looking for a fast car that mates a lightweight GM  V-6 to
many different types of drive train options I heartily  recommend MG Classic
Conversions Eng. at _www.classicconversionseng.com_
(http://www.classicconversionseng.com)  or  email  _bg.gtv6 at verizon.net_
(mailto:bg.gtv6 at verizon.net)  or  call then at phone # 1-(805) 484-1528 Owner Bill Guzman makes  lots
of "GO FAST" items that will not only make your MG perform  like a supercar
but they will make your old Abingdon classic run like  a 21st century sports
car.
Alberto Escalante---Left Coast  USA