[Mgs] Rust stuff

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Sun Jan 17 13:00:19 MST 2010

My many thanks for that welter of excellent responses o my question
regarding rust stuff.

There seems to be two types of product.  One which covers over and
neutralises rust and thus being an end in itself (but you can paint
over it).  This is products like POR 15, which I have used before and
found good) and SEM rust-mort.   The other which removes all the rust
and then requires to be painted, like Evapo Rust.  I am going for the
Evapo stuff.

Incidentally, I used to have my parts sandblasted (oh that hurts) and
then powder coated.  I have found a local fellow who will come to
wherever and sandblast using aluminium oxide or walnut shells on
delicate things.....and then electrostatic paint them.  (He puts up a
tent on ones drive !!) I was quite convinced by his chat on
electrostatic painting particularly when he said he applied a
polywhatsit-etching primer first.  The nice thing he avoids me having
to lug parts around which is especially great with the chassis &
body.  Price he quoted was lower than I have been used to with
previous efforts.

Regards

Barrie
barrie at look.ca