[Mgs] Market opportunity

Douglas McKinnie d.mckinnie at usa.net
Wed Dec 15 22:12:23 MST 2010

Ha. I remember in my student days having my car just stall for "no reason",
and having it towed to the nearest AAA garage. They troubleshot the problem
as
the fuel pump, and gave me an estimate of hundreds for it's replacement. As a
curious person I asked how they knew that was the problem, and they told me
that they had rapped on it with a hammer and it started up again.
I said " so the car runs now" and they said "yes", and I went and paid for
their time and drove away.

Of course, sometime later the problem reappeared, and of course I was in the
countryside miles from anything and before mobile phones. So I find the fuel
pump and hit it again to no effect. Check that it has ground, which it does.
Check that it has +, which it does not. Find that I'm carrying a bit of
telephone wire in the car, and strip two ends to wedge one into the bullet
connector for the fuel pump and one under one end of the interior light bulb.
I then proceeded to drive for several weeks with a bit of wire running out
under the passenger door to under the car and to the fuel pump, switched on
for use by the dome light switch.