[Mgs] Overdrive does not work when it is hot.

Glenn Schnittke g.schnittke at comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 20:11:32 MDT 2010

  I agree with the above comments about finding an electrical fault
first. When you're troubleshooting you should always start with the
easiest and most comprehensive tests.

I had my LH overdrive go on me progressing from intermittent to
completely dead and then move on to a dead battery until I found the bad
feed wire from the alternator. It had slowly started breaking strand by
strand until it no longer had the ampacity to feed anything on the car
at all. Fixed the connection and all of a sudden the overdrive came back
as if by magic.

This is to say that, as with fuel problems, you should check for
electrical problems first. That's probably where the problem is and it's
much cheaper to fix.

If it's not electrical, I want to know who rebuilt it for you so I don't
have to go there.

Glenn