[Mgs] Overdrive does not work when it is hot.

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 31 16:34:28 MDT 2010

I find it so easy to forget that the switch is engaged, that I rigged an
indicator light in the dash that glows when the switch is on.

It happens frequently...cruising on the freeway, when suddenly traffic slows
and you have to downshift, then you wind up taking the exit and tootling off
in 2nd or 3rd, and don't realize the OD switch is on until you're reentering
the freeway, pop back into 4th and suddenly bog down...scarey.

I wouldn't dare disable the reverse lockout function. That would just be
stupid. Hell, the cat might have jumped into the cockpit and flipped the
switch in the driveway, just before I got into the car to back out...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149