[Mgs] OIL

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Tue Aug 31 13:47:32 MDT 2010

If you look at the amount of zinc in modern formulations as compared to that
in the 50's, you will find they are about the same. Zinc in oil started
rising in the late 60's, I don't recall the reason but I doubt it was due to
flat tappets.

My own take on the problems a few people started having has more to do with
modern "offshore" metallurgy or the number of overhauls the cams have
survived.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems