[Mgs] Re. Brake Failure, now Left foot/Right Foot Braking

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 21:06:22 MDT 2010

-- On Thu, 8/26/10, Max Heim <max_heim at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I remember reading an analysis of the
> Audi "unintended acceleration"
> incidents several years back, and it pretty much determined
> they were all
> cases of mistaken application of the throttle instead of
> the brake.
> Apparently people panic and just press harder, instead of
> trying different pedals.

That's exactly it.  The whole Toyota scandal, like the
pickup truck explosive gas tanks (helped on by a skyrocket
tied to the truck,) was just a case of a few idiots egged on
by a story-hungry press.  So far, last time I've heard,
exactly *ONE* case of Toyota unintended exceleration has
been tied to anything other than driver error -- or
driver fraud.