[Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Wed Aug 25 09:57:05 MDT 2010

Bill,

I was told (and I have not checked out my al rad) that aluminium
allowed big fat high surface area tubes that would be impossible with
copper/brass.  Thus it gave vastly more cooling surface which pounded
copper/brass rads into the ground ...well, slight exaggeration.  But
every time I chat to an al rad installer they all say it made a
marked improvement.  This especially true in the MGB V8 crowd.    My
al rad was exactly the same size as the brass one from D&D - but it
cooled considerably better - no bones about that.