[Mgs] Brake failure - What caused it?

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 12:25:20 MDT 2010

I suspect that the rear wheel cylinders are leaking explaining the
loss of fluid in the master, and the seal for the front brakes is
bypassing quite possibly due to corrosion in the master causing the
pedal to the floor.
Rick

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:
> The whole point of dual circuit brakes is that if one circuit fails the
> other should give some stopping ability.  According to the books the rear
> reservoir supplies the front brakes, and the front reservoir the rear.  So
> with the apparent loss of the rear brakes *only* you should hardly have
> noticed any difference, which implies you lost the fronts, in not both.
 The