[Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Sat Aug 21 13:12:00 MDT 2010

I usually have a radiator shop repair mine as well at about half the
cost of new. But I had to replace the one on my 67BGT a few years ago
with a new one from Moss or a Moss reseller. Mine also runs a bit hotter
than the original one did. With the original one, coolant temps usually
ran right at or slightly below the thermostat rating, 190 F, but now it
usually runs 195-200 F even in cooler weather. Several other people have
also mentioned that their new radiators have been running a bit hotter.
But other than the slightly higher temps it hasn't been a problem as the
temp stays stable.

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT