[Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?

Charles Hill chillmog at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 20 22:57:36 MDT 2010

Andrew,
A new radiator is the best solution.  Your radiator, if it is the
original is 40 years old.  Even if you fix the leak, who know what it
like inside.  And soldering a leaking radiator is not as easy as it
might seem.  BTDT when I was younger and perpetually broke.  Solder up a
leak and the heat from fixing that leak will melt the solder and create
another leak somewhere else.  If you have plenty of time on your hands,
you can eventually get it done.  Another alternative is trying a local
radiator shop.  Fixing a leak shouldn't be that expensive.
Regards,
Charles Hill