[Mgs] pre-bent brake lines?

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Wed Aug 11 20:00:25 MDT 2010

It seems like I had this problem on my 72B which involved replacing
pretty much most of the brake lines. Ed of Just Brits said to use my
thumbs (literally). So I did, slowly, and the lines and I survived
unscathed. On my latest project, a 64B, I had to replace one of the rear
lines. This time I used a cheap Harbor Freight tube bender (less than
USD10) which was slightly easier/safer making a 90 degree bend. But
either way, it is not tough but does take a bit of time. The lines are
fairly flexible and are inexpensive (as I recall).

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT
72 B