[Mgs] Clutch Judder

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 01:50:47 MDT 2010

Has this suddenly started? Or always done it as far as you know, or since a
new clutch?  If it was OK before and has recently started doing it maybe the
crank seal is leaking and it has got onto the clutch,  That usually shows
its self as oil dripping from the hole at the bottom of the bell-housing,
which should have a split-pin in it to keep it clear.  Mine started doing it
after a new clutch when it didn't do it before, I found that upping the revs
slightly while slipping the clutch controlled it, although I agree I
shouldn't have to.  Others have said too high an rpm caused it, so try
varying your slipping rpms.  I think 30-40k down the road mine is probably
doing it less than it was, so just keep driving it if you can find a way of
controlling it.  If not it's probably an engine out and clutch replacement
job, something may be warped or broken.