[Mgs] then came BMC and British-Leyland! (was Re: Their back!!)

Aeseeyou at aol.com Aeseeyou at aol.com
Fri Apr 16 02:19:35 MDT 2010

PaulH,
Thank you! I truly enjoyed your  clearer vantage point and opinion and
appreciated your astute clarification of  the "Morris- Nuffield" mystery that
has long perplexed me. I most gratefully  stand corrected and beg your kind
forgiveness as I am only a curious seeker of  the truth. Amigos? Cool!
-=Safety-Fast!
Alberto Escalante
1977  MGB

On 4/16/2010 1:00:30 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time
paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk wrote to say;

As to why he took the name  Nuffield when he was honoured (which is a
completely different point to  accusing him of buying it), you obviously
don't understand how peerages and  honours work (and there is no reason why
you should - until you start  attacking those who have received them).
Peers
of the realm are  *required* to take a title when honoured, and are
thereafter known by that  title instead of their family name.  It is
usually
a place they have  had some long or favourite connection with, and in the
case of Morris  'Nuffield' was the name of the Oxfordshire village where he
had chosen to  settle.