[Mgs] '80 MGB: Faulty coil and fuel pump

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 11:34:05 MDT 2010

Mark, I installed a generic pump last year in my '76B and it has worked fine. You just need to make sure that you get a pump
that supplies the right pressure - I want to say it is around 3.5 PSI that you need, and the pump I bought handled from 2.5 to 4.0 PSI.
There is a higher-pressure one as well, so just check that. I bought mine at AutoZone. Here is a picture of it installed -

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/ddibiase/1976%20MGB%20Engine%20Work/P6140065.jpg

I want to say it was around $40.

 Dan D
Central NJ USA