[Mgs] '80 MGB: Faulty coil and fuel pump

Mark Wise markwisenc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 09:39:25 MDT 2010

I wrote in a couple weeks ago asking about getting my 1980 MGB back on
the road.  My father is here and we started some trouble shooting this
morning.

Problem #1: there is no charge coming from the coil to the plugs, but
there is power going to the coil.  Fortunately, I have an extra coil in
my "box of parts", so we're going to swap that in and see if that
addresses that problem.

Problem #2: the fuel pump isn't pumping.  There is power getting to the
fuel pump.  I'd love to get a new pump sooner than later, to install it
while I have some help.  Any suggestions for an aftermarket fuel pump
that I could buy at a local shop (Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc.) rather than
wait for mail order?

Thanks!

- Mark

--