[Mgs] Their back!!

Mike Eldred redscirocco at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 11:47:21 MDT 2010

Yes, my parents taught me it was rude to eat with both hands, but they were
sticklers for our old-fashioned table manners.  Living in Europe, I soon
learned to eat native style to keep from being stared at in restaurants. I
remember a German acquaintance telling me that they wonder what it is we're
doing with our left hand under the table when we eat, and suspect the worst.

Years later, I remember sitting down to my first meal with my new (Irish)
inlaws - everyone watching me until my brother-in-law finally said, "well, at
least he doesn't eat like an American."  Apparently they're amused by the
whole moving the fork to the left hand, picking the knife up, cutting, setting
the knife down, switching the fork back to the right hand, and eating with
your left hand in your lap thing.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/redscirocco@hotmail.com